The Service Plugin is used for tracking and managing service calls.
- Customers are assigned to service zones (this is done from the Equipment panel on the Customer Records. - the ‘Service zone’ is only visible when the ServicePlugin is installed; the Equipment panel is now part of the core app).
- The Employee Records have a new Service Tech check-box as an Employee Role.
- Service zones have an assigned Service Tech (and a temporary Service Tech – in case the assigned tech is sick). The temporary tech is just entered or cleared as needed (no dates required).
- Service calls are entered and tracked in a Service Call center - a service call can be for a machine (Vending machine # 123 is taking money) or an account location (“lunch room needs to be cleaned”, …)
- All sorts of records have the new service call panel (history by machine, customer, type of call, priority, service tech, …)
- Tickets will be auto-emailed to the techs upon assignment and changes if eoStar is setup for emailing and the employees have email addresses assigned in their employee record.
- In order for Replenishment to function correctly, you will need to ensure that you have Par levels setup for eoStar to use to determine inventory needs.
- Service>Call Center.
- Service>Complaint Codes.
- Service>Contract Types.
- Service>Labor Rates.
There are levels of access available for each individual employee or a specific employee department. The Permissions Panel limits or expands the field of access towards certain functions of eoStar and also creates a level of security.
- Records>Service>Call Center
- May assign customers to service zones
- May close service tickets
- May void service tickets