The Samples Plugin adds the ability to handle sample requests within eoStar. It provides integrated sample tracking and reporting, including mobile device support for entering sample requests and the ability to bill-back rebates to suppliers.
The next few sections will cover the permissions, configuration, and records setup for samples processing in eoStar. For links to operational instructions for handling samples requests, jump to the Processing Samples Requests section.
- Functional Area: Sales Support
- Roles Impacted: Sales Reps, Sales Managers
Permissions for sample processing are located at Records > Employees > Records > Plugins Panel > SamplesPlugin Section.
- See Samples Plugin Permissions for a description of each permission.
Samples Order Type
At least one order type designated for samples must be created for use on sample requests.
- Each order type for samples must be marked This order type is used for samples on the Processing Panel.
Each product that is available to be given as a sample must be flagged as Sample.
- The Sell flag is not required for a product to be used as a sample.
- Alt-packs may be marked as Sample independently of the primary pack.
Samples Rebate Billbacks
Supplier Rebate Billback Customer
Billbacks are placed on an order so the receivables can be tracked. Since orders may only be placed for customers, the supplier must be associated with a customer.
- A customer must be created to represent the supplier.
- Mark the customer as Non-Retail on the More Panel.
- The customer is assigned to the supplier at Records > Supplier > Supplier > Billback Customers Panel.
Samples Billing Code
Placing a rebate billback on an order also requires a billing code. This code is set at the brand level and can be a generic code used for all brands or a brand-specific code.
- Create a billing code for samples.
- Mark the code as Can be used on orders in the More Panel.
- The code is assigned to the brand at Records > Product > Brands > Billback Panel.
The OrderLine:Rebate GL source should be set to credit a rebate accrual account.
A GL item group should be setup for the billing code(s) and mapped to debit a rebate accrual account and credit the supplier payable account