Pre-Populate Of Pre-Sell and Off-Truck Invoices on Mobile Platforms
This page outlines the items that are printed on the Handheld Invoices.
What Items or Products Go On The Invoice
We download “X” number of days of sales history for each customer (“X” is set on the "Download ### Days of Sales History" option on the File>Database Administration>Configure handheld panel screen for up to 365 days, but can be limited for particular customers with an override ("# of days of handheld sales history") available via the customer’s More panel).
Each item in the customer’s sales history is a candidate for pre-population of the invoice, meaning the invoice is loaded with previous order information. However, some items may be filtered out based on product flags and/or based on the sales role of the seller when at a particular customer account (seller = handheld’s assigned employee). In particular:
An item is filtered if the …
- item is no longer active (i.e. “erased”)
- item is not flagged as “can sell”
- item is subject to a private label restriction (see Private Labels)
- item is flagged as alcoholic and customer’s liquor license is expired or unable to purchase that type (see Customer Beverage Panel)
- item is strong beer and customer can’t buy strong beer (See Strong Beer)
- item is unauthorized based on customer’s authorized item lists
- item is unauthorized based on brand family restrictions for the customer (See Brand Families)
- item is sold only via allocation and customer has no such.
Additionally if there are active product classes and the seller has one or more product class assignments for the customer, then items are filtered accordingly … i.e. if salesperson RED BULL only, then only RED BULL products will be candidates. Note that if there are no active product classes, or, for some reason the salesperson has no assigned product classes, then there is no filtering in this regard. Also note that the legacy handheld also took truck product class restrictions into account (dependent on the truck of the driver selected to deliver the order). This is a non-issue now since we automatically partition orders among drivers based on possible truck restrictions.
One other tidbit regarding “what items are added” … if the customer has a standing order, and some items on that order are not within the “X” days of sales history, they also become candidates for being added to the invoice (subject to the same filtering described above).
What Sequence the Items Appear In
- If the customer being serviced is using (or being forced to use) build-to lists, then once the pre-filtered list of items has been compiled, those items are sequenced according to the ordering of said build-to list. Note that just because an item appears on a customer’s build-to list does not mean it will be pre-loaded into the invoice … some items may be filtered via the mechanism described above. Also note that the new HH and Tablet both allow the user to modify (re-arrange, extend, etc.) a customer’s build-to list … if the user has done this, then the modified list is used for sequencing.
- If the customer is not using build-to lists, but is using a shelf sequence, then the pre-filtered items are ordered according to the shelf sequence.
- If the customer is not using build-to lists, and hasn’t been assigned a shelf sequence, and there’s a stored procedure in the database called “GetItemDeliverySequences” used for sequencing based on any created procedure. The stored procedure is added through a script created by Rutherford and may be edited to create any picklists, invoices, and/or anything that gets printed out from a handheld to print in any order deemed fit at the point of setup. This may include alphabetically or numerically. If the user requires the invoice to be printed in a different manner and the build-to and shelf sequences to be maintained separately, this stored procedure “GetItemDeliverySequences” can be used in this way.
- If none of the above is used to sequence, then there is no particular ordering that you can depend on.
Note: It is quite possible that a build-to list or shelf sequence does not list all of the items contained within “X” days of sales history (some “standing order” items may also be unlisted). Once items having a determined sequence have been processed, any “extras” are handled. If an “extra” has a related alt-pack item already on the invoice, then the extra will be inserted into the invoice after that related item. If the “extra” has no related alt-pack, then it is simply tacked onto the end of the invoice.