Overview: How to Setup Automatic Emailing
As of January 1, 2017, eoStar only works with SMTP. Please see the instructions below for setting up SMTP Accounts in eoStar.
How to Set Up SMTP Accounts in eoStar
This is the preferred method of automatic emailing and will be the only supported method of automatic emailing as of January 1, 2017. You can have multiple SMTP Accounts, as you might want different email addresses for different types of tasks.
- Go to Records > SMTP Accounts.
- Click New.
- Specify the record, either by selecting the provided number or creating your own.
- Click Proceed.
- Name the Account.
- Click Save.
- Go to the Settings panel.
- Enter the Server, Port, Email from, Account, and Password, which can be obtained from your IT Department and which is similar to the information that is used when setting up the Exchange email account.
- Test your settings by entering an email address to send a test email to in the Email test to box and clicking Test SMTP settings.
- If the email sent correctly, click Post. If it did not, correct any errors, re-test the email, and then click Post once the test email has sent correctly.
- Once all necessary SMTP Accounts have been created, go to File > Database Administration > Configure > SMTP.
- Check the Enable SMTP mail box if it is not already checked.
- Associate each task with an SMTP Account.
- Click Post.
How to Configure Email Relaying for SMTP Accounts
The default settings for many SMTP services do not allow the relaying of emails, which is needed for eoStar to send emails to addresses not within the server’s domain. The following articles may provide assistance in setting up relaying on some of the more popular platforms:
- Exchange Instructions
- Anonymous Relay on Exchange Instructions
- Office 365 Instructions
- Google G Suite Instructions
If you are using a less popular platform, you may need to reach out to your provider for assistance. Alternately, there is a mini service called MailEnable that some customers use to relay emails instead of their standard email service: