ION Report - Ten-Day Report
In order for employees to access this screen, the "May Access Ten-Day Report" checkbox on the Plugins Panel must be checked.
For a complete list of all available ION Reports, see Overview: ION Reports.
Adjusting the cutoff date will change the sales (delivery) days to the 10 sales days prior to that selected date. These dates are available to view through the hyperlink Information. Any dates written as 7/25/09 - 7/27/09 equate as one day due to the fact that any sales performed on Saturdays and Sundays are counted on the following Monday. These last 10 days are used to fill in the column “Daily Rate of Sale”. The report then compares what was earned during the month so far, and, as projected by the last ten sale days, what the short term trends are for the product.
The variance is the projected amount this month and the total from the selected month last year. This field is positive if this year exceeds the amount for last year and negative if the product sold this year is less than it was last year.
The days supply will show the number of sales days needed to deplete the inventory in the warehouse based on the daily rate of sales.
The subtotal located under the column "Company Days Supply" does not always total the items in the column. Instead, this total sums up all the Days supply based on multiple fields within the report.
With the addition of the Forecast Plugin, the Forecast tab becomes available. Using the drop down arrow on this tab will add an additional columns to the report based on the number of periods selected.
It is important to note that as of 2/23/2012 when scheduling the Ten-Day Report the days remaining in the month will be calculated using the server time. The impact of this will only be seen in the "ProjThisMonth", "Var" and "VarPct" fields as they are calculated using this value.
- On Truck Today - Any customer orders that are being delivered that are assigned to the selected warehouse(s) on the report cutoff date.
- Current Month - This field consists of the amount of product in deliveries to customers assigned to the selected warehouses(s) with the currently selected month (based on Cut-off date).
- Current Month Last Year - This field consists of the total amount of products in the deliveries to customers assigned to the selected warehouse(s) for the whole month last year.
- Proj This Month - This is the total sales expected this month to customers assigned to the selected warehouse(s).
- Var - This is the variance between the Projected amount this month and the total from the selected month last year. This field is positive if this year exceeds the amount for last year.
- Var Pct - This is the variance as a percentage. (100% if they match; 50% if this month is half of last year.)
- Daily Rate of Sales - Based on the warehouses selected, customer's SellDays are compared and if any one warehouse has a day flagged as a SellDay, then the system considers them to all have that day as a sell day. It then adds up the sales from the past 10 sell days, then divides it by 10.
- In Whse - This is the amount of product located in the company's selected warehouse(s) inventory as of midnight on the report cutoff date. (This does not include un-received purchases and un-delivered orders.)
- Days Supply - This is the number of sales days (based on the Daily Rate of Sales) needed to deplete the company-wide In Whse amount.
- On Order - This is the amount of product that is on order from the supplier and has not yet been received.
How-To Create a Ten-Day Report
- Select Ten-Day Report off the Reports panel.
- Select the warehouses off the Warehouses panel. If only a single warehouse is chosen, then only inventory in that warehouse and its associated trucks will be counted.
- Select a Cutoff date off the Date Selection panel.
- In the Conversions panel, select the type of pack or unit.
- In the Fields to Display panel, select the columns wanted in the report.
- Using the drop down arrow, bring up the Product Include or Exclude screen to select the products for the report. If the report is filtered to show only certain products, then the ranking will be based on only the selected records, not on all items.
- To change the number of days remaining in the month, type in the amount.
- Cost of Inventory = Unit Cost (case) x Inventory InWhse. This will misrepresent the cost of inventory if the conversion factor is set to Equiv Case. (7-23-10)
- Current Month = Retail sold + Non-retail sold (no sales to wholesaler)
- The 10 day report calculates its totals with both pending and delivered orders, as well as non-wholesale customers (both active and erased). If using the same date range to compare a 10-day report against a sales report, the given date range’s totals will in fact come out the same so long as these criteria are followed.
- Daily Rate = average of total delivered invoices. Though pending orders are included in other field calculations they are not included in this calculation.
- Projected This Month = On-Truck today + Current Month amt + (remaining sales days in month X Daily Rate of Sales)