ION Report - Distribution Report
The bottom grid enumerates eligible customers who did or did not purchase the product highlighted at the top. Clicking in the upper right hand portion of the QtySold column header on this customer list will allow you to filter the list based on the number sold. This is useful if you would like to filter the list down to the non-buying customers only.
In order for employees to access this screen, the "May Access Distribution Report" checkbox on the Plugins Panel must be checked.
For a complete list of all available ION Reports, see Overview: ION Reports.
The QTY Sold column in the top half of the screen shows the number for all sales for the selected brand. The QTY sold column in the bottom half of the screen is the total amount of product sold to eligible Retail Customers for the selected brand. If the two amounts do not match up, it is due to the fact that the missing amount was sold to Non-retail Customers (i.e. distributors, employees, etc.). For example, if the Quantity of Heineken sold for a specific time period was 230 cases, and the retail customers total quantity sold was 200, then 30 cases were sold to the Non-retail customers (who will not be listed in the bottom half of the screen). This could also indicate that the product was sold to non-eligible retail customer accounts.
When including the number of tap handles in a distribution report, the number of tap-handles as-of the report cutoff date is shown. Additionally, competitor tap handles may be viewed.
How-To Create A Distribution Report
- Select Distribution Report off the Reports panel.
- On the Date Selection panel check the checkboxes next to the associated date ranges. Type in the number of years and use the drop down arrow to select the cutoff date.
- On the Figures panel, check the checkboxes next to the associated figures that will appear as columns within the report.
- In the Fields to Display panel, select the columns wanted in the report.
- The drop down arrows bring up the Product and Customer Include or Exclude screens to select the products and the customers for the report.
- Checking the check box Display Customers brings up the Details box which lists the purchases, orders, and transfers for the selected product within the time frame.
Figures Panel Explained
- Distribution Pct - This figure is the percentage of the number of eligible customer accounts who purchased the brand. So if 10 customers may purchase the brand and 5 customers purchase items of that brand, then 50% will show.
- Nbr Buying Customers - This is the number of customers who did purchase the items in the brand.
- Nbr Non-Buying Customers - This is the number of eligible customers who did not purchase items in the brand.
- Total Nbr Customers - This is the total number of customers eligible to purchase the items in the brand.
- Total Nbr Items - This is the total number of items in the brand.
- Eff. Distribution Pct - (Effective Distribution Percentage). The Effective Distribution represents the total distribution of the items contained in a particular group. In the example below, each buyable customer purchased at least one Sud’s Beer product, making the distribution of the Brand as a whole 100%. Our Effective Distribution is lower however (33% in this case), since our buyable customers did not purchase every product Sud’s has to offer. Effective Distribution Percentage = Number of individual products purchased by each buyable customer / (Buyable Customers * Individual Products). Because of this formula, when examining the Effective distribution percentage and the regular distribution percentage for individual products, the percentage will show the same amount.
- EquivCases (24/12) - This is the equivalent cases amount. The equivalency is shown in the Product Records Beverage Panel.
- Red Bull SU - This is the total Red Bull units.
- Nbr Primary Packs Sold - This is the number of primary packs sold.
- Nbr Primary Packs sold (2-decimals) - This is the number of primary packs sold with decimal amounts.
- Cases/Loose Sold - This is the number of cases and alt-packs smaller than the primary pack sold of the brand during the time frame.
- Nbr Tap Handles - This is the number of Tap Handles for the selected product.