ION Report - Depletion Report
The depletion report accepts a beginning and ending date in the date selection panel. The report will show the beginning level in the warehouse(s) selected in the warehouses panel as of the beginning date. All purchases from suppliers, purchases from wholesalers, sales to customers, sales to wholesalers, repacks, kits, write-offs, and item transfers between warehouses (transfers to and from trucks are not considered) are displayed in addition to the resulting ending level as of the end date. Only Delivered orders are scanned.
At the bottom right side of the report is a “Display Details” checkbox. This will open a grid at the bottom of the report, and when an individual cell is highlighted, the transactions that comprise the number in that cell are enumerated in the bottom grid.
In August 2009, the depletion report now provides a truck-by-truck ending level in the Depletion report in the Description field under display details.
In order for employees to access this screen, the "May Access Depletion Report" checkbox on the Plugins Panel must be checked.
- NOTE: In January 2012, the ticket numbers in the detail grid are now hyperlinks to the appropriate ticket.
For a complete list of all available ION Reports, see Overview: ION Reports.
How-To Create a Depletion Report
- Select Depletion Report off the Reports panel.
- Select the warehouses off the Warehouses panel. If only a single warehouse is chosen, then only inventory in that warehouse and its associated trucks will be counted.
- Select a From and Through dates off the Date Selection panel.
- In the Conversions panel, select the type of pack or unit.
- In the Fields to Display panel, select the columns wanted in the report.
- Using the drop down arrow, bring up the Product Include or Exclude screen to select the products for the report.
- Checking the check box Display Details brings up the Details box which lists the purchases, orders, and transfers for the selected product within the time frame.
Depletion Data Columns Explained
- ItemName - This is the name of the products.
- Beginning - This is the level of inventory in the selected warehouse.
- Bought - This is the inventory purchased by the company for the selected warehouse.
- FromWholesalers - This is the inventory purchased from other wholesalers.
- Sold - This is the inventory sold to customers.
- NonRetail - This is the inventory sold to non-retail customers (who are not wholesalers).
- ToWholesalers - This is the inventory sold to wholesalers.
- Repacked - This is the number of repacks added to inventory during the selected time frame. For more information, see Enter Repacks.
- Writeoff - This is the number of inventory write-offs done within the selected time frame. (See Write-off inventory.)
- InWhse - This is the amount of inventory in the warehouse.
- OnTrk - This is any inventory located on the associated trucks.
- Ending - This is the ending amount of inventory.
- QtyBackordered - This is the amount of product ordered and waiting for product to be received.
- Remaining Allocations - # of items allocated but not yet delivered to customers.
Depletion Report Issues
A common error is that the inventory does not match the ION Depletion report. Double check the date of the purchases and orders to ensure that none have accidentally been entered in the future.