Flags are user defined attributes for either customer or product records. eoStar allows you to customize attributes based on your own needs, meaning flags are user defined fields. To Set Up Customer Flags see Customer Flags. To Set Up Product Flags see Product Flags.
Previously, flags were setup by first naming the flag in the File>Database Administration>Setup>Customer Flags or File>Database Administration>Setup>Product Flags. Then, through the Records>Customer>Flags or Records>Product>Flags screen, the flags are given options.
In the 2009 version of eoStar, flags are created in the File>Database Administration>Configure Customer Flags panel and File>Database Administration>Configure Product Flags panel. There can be up to 40 flags.
- You can define up to 40 flags via the set up menu. Each field is the name for a new record type that will appear in eoStar.
- Once you’ve defined a new type of flag, you access records of the type through the Records>Customer>Flags or Records>Product>Flags menu options.
- You can add and erase records for each type of flag you define here.
- If a flag types has been defined, a "Flags" panel is available on your customer/products records. Here it is possible to assign flags to the selected record.
- Note that each flag type record can be inspected to see customers/products associated with the record, and to view sales data for those records.
- Any flags you define are available when working with ION reports and eoStar’s sales analyzer.
- Note that you can also rename existing flag type via the setup flags dialog.
- If you clear the name of an existing type, then that type (and any records of that type) will be hidden from the users, but they still exist within the database.