- 1 eoStar Reports
- 1.1 How-To View a Report in the Reports Panel
- 1.2 What is ION
- 1.3 Mobile ION
- 1.4 Layouts
- 1.5 Snapshots
- 1.6 Left Panel Tabs
- 1.7 Top Tabs
- 1.8 Product and Customers Selection
- 1.9 How-To Exclude Products and Customers From All ION Reports
- 1.10 ION Reports Issues
- 1.11 Inventory
- 1.12 Lists
- 1.13 Purchasing
- 1.14 Sales
- 1.15 SRS
- 1.16 Transactions
- 1.17 Vending
- 1.18 Additional Information
- 1.19 How to Add a New Style
- 1.20 How-To Add a New Report
- 1.21 Printing DX Reports
- 1.22 Report Designer
- 1.23 Corrective Actions
- 1.24 How-To Create a New DX Report Record
- 1.25 How-To Design a DX Report
- 1.26 DevExpress Documentation
- 1.27 Additional Information
- 1.28 Additions
- 1.29 SQL Expressions in Crystal Reports
- 1.30 Downloading Crystal Reports
- 1.31 Replacing A Crystal Report
- 1.32 Installation Error
- 1.33 Report Loading/Viewing Issues
eoStar is an open-architecture database. Therefore, it is easy to mine the data with various tools, and all data within eoStar is real-time. Some tools that are built into eoStar currently include:
- SQL Reports – can be developed by the user in eoStar, and show on the various report panels in eoStar
- Crystal Reports – can be developed by the user, and added to the eoStar database. They can also display in the various report panels in eoStar
- Sales Analyzer – Built-in graphical data query tool which is accessible from various records in addition to a system-wide viewer
- ION Reports – High-powered built-in data analysis tool using a perpetually updated data cube that allows the users to dissect mass amounts of data virtually instantaneously
Other tools which can be run outside of eoStar include, but are not limited to:
- Business Objects
- Margin Minder
- SQL Reporting Services
For all available reports, go to Records>Reports>Records.
How-To View a Report in the Reports Panel
- From the reports panel, use the drop down arrow to select the type of report off the list.
- If available, select the time period wished for the report.
- Click the command button Run.
cache on the workstation which allows the users to dissect mass amounts of data instantaneously without bogging down the server. Added with the ION Plugin, these reports show only delivered data. For a list of all available ION reports and their functions, see Overview: ION Reports.
Note: If the Auto Refresh check box is checked, than any changes made to ION Reports will instantly be shown. When this is unchecked, in order to show changes made to the reports, click the command button Refresh.
In order for employees to access these screens and edit them, the "Reporting>ION Reports" and "May Customize Report Fields" checkboxes on the Plugins Panel must be checked.
In July 2009, changes were made so that all inventory reports now include empties, even if an empty is assigned to a product category and that category is flagged to be omitted from ION sales reports.
In December 2009, changes were made to the ION Sales report and ION Price-point review where, based on the Sales Channel selection of the checkbox Track Excise Tax on Order Lines. For more information, see TN Tax - Track Excise Tax on Order Lines.
What is ION
ION Reports is an analysis tool that uses a continually updated cache which allows users to quickly get information without having to actually connect to the database to create the reports. This cache needs frequent updates to provide the most accurate information, but when the cache is complete, ION Reports are precise and fast to run. Additionally, the cache is attached only to the specific workstation, so the reports are only run from the information on that workstation. This ensures that multiple users can create reports simultaneously, yet eoStar will continue with the same level of functionality. To update the ION Cache, go to Reporting>ION Reports and click the hyperlink Update ION.
The same functionality available is also available off-line via Mobile ION.
Reasons for ION Reports in eoStar:
- Performance both within the database and the level of information within the reports.
- The graphical interface for ease of report creation through the ability to point and click items for instant changes in the report.
- ION Reports work when it is disconnected from the server so that it doesn't tie down eoStar and keeps production levels up.
Mobile ION is the use of ION Reports without a direct connection to eoStar. It functions by taking the information needed to create reports directly from the ION cache on the workstation. This functionality is very useful for instances where quick reports are needed to be generated when the user is unable to connect to the database. For instance, a salesperson may wish to generate a No Buy Report for a specific Customer Chain for a sales pitch. Mobile ION allows the salesperson to generate this report instantly on their laptop with the information from their last ION update.
- Note: Mobile ION limits some functionality like the ability to Save and Delete Layouts or take Layout Snapshots. However, the ability to load previously saved layouts still functions.
In order for employees to access this functionality, the "May Use Mobile ION" checkbox on the Plugins Panel must be checked.
How-To Enable Mobile ION
- Go to Reporting>ION Reports.
- Check the check box Mobile ION Enabled. (This means that now it is possible to disconnect from the database.)
- You can either run the reports from this screen, which also allows the user access to other information within eoStar.
- To run a more limited form of ION Mobile, go to File>Connect to Database.
- Click the hyperlink Mobile ION.
- You will be taken to the Login screen. Login as you would usually do.
- Note: Now there are only two menu options - File and Help. Also note the Mobile ION Status bar located on the right. This contains the status of ION.
- Go to Reporting>ION Reports.
Layouts are the reports design including the location of the columns and the type of information contained within them. Layouts are useful if the user has a specific type of information they frequently need a report on. For instance, an Inventory Levels report for all Miller products.
How-To Create a Layout:
- Create the layout you wish for the report. Include the Products, customers, warehouses, and column headings.
- Click the command button Save Layout.
- Add a Report Number, Name, Description, and access information, and click the command button Add.
- To load this report, click the command button Load Layout.
Snapshots are a way of marking a reports design or layout before changes are made. The snapshot includes the information and the dates of the data at the point of the snapshot; however, unlike layouts, snapshots are not permanent. Instead, snapshots only last until the user logs out.
To take a snapshot, click the hyperlink Take Layout Snapshot. To load a snapshot, click the hyperlink Load Last Snapshot.
Left Panel Tabs
The Tabs available are:
- Reports - This tab lists all the reports available for creation in the ION Reports screen.
- Warehouses - In this tab it is possible to select the warehouses to be charted. To select a warehouse, check the check box next to the warehouse name.
- Date Selection - In this tab it is possible to select the cutoff date for the selected report.
- Fields to Display - This tab is used to edit the fields in the Data Tab.
- Conversions - This tab is used to select the type of information reports. Sample conversions are gallons, cases, or wine bottles.
- Figures - This tab is used to add additional figures to the Data tab.
- Formulas - This tab is used to create and maintain Expressions for use in the report. For more information, see ION Formulas.
Each report will have different availabilities for tabs. For some reports, there are two possible tabs - Data or Graph.
Located at the top, this tab contains any information associated with the selected Report. This will show a spreadsheet of the selected information.
Graphs of Data Tab
This tab show a graph of the data selected. There are multiple types of graphs available for each report, and the look and feel of the graph can change.
Right clicking with the mouse on a chart brings up certain options for that chart. These are:
- Gallery - Here it is possible to select a graph or chart to view the data in.
- Color - Here it is possible to change the color scheme of a section of a graph, or the entire graph.
- Properties - In this section it is possible to edit the properties of the graphs.
This tab is used to create DevX reports using the Report designer. For more information, see ION Reports - Dx Formats Tab.
Product and Customers Selection
To select what products or customers will be shown in the report, use the drop down arrow to bring up the Include or Exclude Screen. Under Include, check the check boxes associate with the information wanted in the report. Under Exclude, check the checkboxes associate with the information that should be excluded in the report. To exit the Include and Exclude screen, click the x located at the top.
Note: If two Include categories are selected, the information reported will be information that meets both of those criteria. For instance, if the Brand Family of Miller was selected as well as the product class of kegs, then the information reported would be all Miller Brand family products which are kegs.
For additional information, see Product and Customer Selection Popups.
How-To Exclude Products and Customers From All ION Reports
Occasionally, certain product categories and customer sales channels will not need to be used in reports.
- To exclude Customers from ION, go to the Records>Customers>Sales Channel screen. Check the check box Omit from ION Reports.
- To exclude Products from ION, go to the Records>Products>Categories screen. Check the check box Omit from ION Reports.
By excluding customers or products, all sales regarding these will not be reported. If there is a major discrepancy in what is reported and what the company should have, make sure these checkboxes are not checked.
ION Reports Issues
If Reports are displaying incorrect values, then the ION Cache may not have been properly updated. To fix this issue, rebuild the ION Cache.
cache, the reports are quick to load and contain all recent actions within the system.
For information regarding oddities when viewing a sales report for an invoice for bill and hold transactions, refer to the Bill and Hold Reporting in ION.
The following is a list of the types of ION reports available:
- ION Report - Depletion Report - This report shows the beginning and ending amounts of product for a given time frame, as well as the subsequent purchases, sales, repacks, write-offs, and transfers that might affect the inventory levels.
- ION Report - FIFO Layers - The Fifo Layers Report will display any layers for the products using Fifo. For more information, see FIFO Plugin.
- ION Report - Inventory Hits - This report measures the frequency of orders of products and then assigns the products a rank. The rank correlates with the most effective place to put the inventory for ease of picking many orders.
- ION Report - Inventory Levels - This report lists the number of products at the selected warehouses based on a cutoff date and time period.
- ION Report - Inventory Turnover - This report tracks inventory movement by cost.
- ION Report - Inventory Valuation - This report values the products in the selected warehouse based on the costing method for that product and then assigns a rank for that product based on Jon Schreibfeder's White Pages.
- ION Report - Retail Date Codes - It will display all retail date codes entered in the system through eoTablet.
- ION Report - Customer List - This is a very simple report used for customers and their information.
- ION Report - Equipment List - This is a simple report used to show equipment.
- ION Report - Pricing and Promotions - This report will show every possible price and discount at which a customer could buy an item over a range of dates.
- ION Report - Product List - This is a very simple report used for products and their information.
- ION Report - Inventory Days-on-Hand - This report shows the quantity of products on hand in the warehouse.
- ION Report - Recommended Order Report - The goal of this report is to set a recommended number of cases to order for a product.
- ION Report - Sales/Inventory Report - This report is a combination of the Ten-day report and the Inventory Days on hand report. It examines the sold quantities for the last 10 days based on the cutoff date while also showing the days supply and incoming amounts.
- ION Report - Ten-Day Report - The ten-day report is used to forecast sales for the current month.
- ION Report - Backorders - This report displays all cut orders currently on backorder
- ION Report - Customer Service Level - This report measures performance as a percentage of number of complete order lines over a given time period.
- ION Report - Distribution Performance - This report measures the performance of items through the number of purchasing customers.
- ION Report - Distribution Report - This report is used to display which customers purchased products. Additionally, it shows how many products were purchased by the customer.
- ION Report - Goal Progress - This report examines the progress of Goals for salespeople.
- ION Report - Keg Report - This report shows the number of kegs and the deposit amount for the selected date range.
- ION Report - Lost Placements - This report displays customers who have not purchased the select products within a specified date range.
- ION Report - Missed Stops - This report displays scheduled stops that the driver did not make during a route.
- ION Report - New Placements - This report displays customers who have purchased selected products within a specified date range while not purchasing the products within a specified “prior-day” span.
- ION Report - No Buy Report - This report lists customers that did not purchase the selected items.
- ION Report - Price Point Review - The price point review report is a review of the selling points for the selected items.
- ION Report - Sales & Profit - The Sales and Profit report shows the sales and cost data for items. It then totals these items to find the margin.
- ION Report - Sales Margin - This report shows the summarized sales margins for a selected time period
- ION Report - Sales Performance - This report measures the sales performance for the selected period.
- ION Report - Sales Report - This report analyzes the sales history for your company.
- ION Report - Stop Analysis - The stop analysis report is a basic report used to show information specific to stops.
- ION Report - Supplier Rebates - This report shows some basic data about how much each supplier owes in rebates, and for what items sold to what customers. This report is only available when not on mobile ION.
- ION Report - AR Report - This report is used to analyze any AR information.
- ION Report - AR Writeoffs - This report examines all AR writeoff information as selected by the user.
- ION Report - Delivery Adjustments - This report examines all the Delivery Adjustment reasons and the associated cost.
- ION Report - Inventory Count Audit - This report examines all inventory count information for a selected time range.
- ION Report - Inventory Writeoffs - This report examines the number of writeoffs of inventory in the selected time frame.
- ION Report - Objectives - This report requires the Objectives Plugin and displays Objectives for customers.
- ION Report - Payments Audit - This report examines all Payments Audit information as selected by the user.
- ION Report - Purchase-Cost Review - This report shows the difference between the prior costs and the new costs for products as dictated by the Purchase amount.
- ION Report - Purchases - This report shows all the products purchased from breweries for a selected date range.
- ION Report - Service History - This report is added with the Service Plugin and displays service information for customers.
- ION Report - Tap Handles - This report examines all the Tap Handles entered into the system.
- ION Report - Surveys - Added with the Ux Plugin, this report displays User Survey results.
- ION Report - Voided Deliveries - The voided deliveries report displays the number of cases voided for each record selected within the chosen time period.
- ION Report - Wine By the Glass - Added with the Wine By The Glass Plugin, this report displays the gains/losses of wine listings over a selected date range.
ION Report - Price List- This report lists the prices of items based on the date selected. (This report was integrated into the Pricing and Promotions report.)
ION report. For instance, this is particularly useful if a cell in a specific column should be displayed red if it is below an amount and green if above. To do the above example, the Condition must be set to less, the value should be 0, and the font should be red.
The Style Conditions Editor will change a field based on a selected Condition. The Field Properties Editor will simply alter the fields.
How to Add a New Style
- Select the grid column.
- Click the hyperlink Add New Style Condition at the bottom of the popup.
- Using the drop down arrow, select the condition and any values.
- Check the checkboxes correlating to the location the condition will be applied to.
- Under the heading "Appearance when applied" use the drop down arrows to select the specific appearance for the items. To expand the grid to include more options, use the +.
In October 2009, changes were made to add the tab "Dx Formats" to all ION Reports. This tab can be used to create DevX reports saved within the system which can be used to quickly run data in a user created format.
The Dx formats tab works with both regular ION and Mobile ION.
How-To Add a New Report
- Select the ION Report and use the left hand tabs to select any additional information.
- Click the tab at the top of the screen labeled "DX Formats".
- Click the command button New Report.
- Name the report and click the command button OK.
- Click the design button on the bar.
- Use the report designer to design the report.
Printing DX Reports
The report designer is used to create the reports. For additional information, see DX Reports.
Notes about the Report Designer:
- The design surface is the area of the report. (The white area with spots)
- The report bands are how the report appears and divide the page. The size of the report bands may be adjusted. There are several bands:
- Top Margin
- Report Header
- Page Header - Used for column headers for tables.
- Group Header
- Detail - Contains the actual details of the report.
- Group Footer
- Report Footer
- Page Footer
- Bottom Margin
- The data source contains the specific information that may be linked to fields within the report.
- The Report tag (>) in the upper left hand corner can be used to make edits for the entire report. This report tag also contains the report wizard.
For information on adding DX reports, see Adding DX Reports.
How-To Create a New DX Report Record
- Go to Record>Report>DX Reports.
- Click the command button New.
- Select the record number.
- Add information - name, data source.
- Data sources include: Pallet information, Invoices and/or picklists, Purchases, Item transfers, Service tickets, Equipment transfers
- Click the command button Save.
How-To Design a DX Report
- Go to Record>Report>DX Reports.
- Select the design panel, and click the command button Select Test Data.
- Using the +, check the checkboxes correlating with the test data in the parameters box.
- Use the drop down arrow to select a cutoff date.
- Click the left arrow > on the bar.
- Use the Report Designer to create the report.
- When finished, save the report.
The top bar of the tab can be used to design, view, print, zoom in on, or export the report.
Grouping in DX
If you’ve got all of the relevant info all set to go in ION, it’s a pretty easy process to get DX to group it. Say we’re basically looking at something like this:
If you want to see DX sort things similar to how they are here in ION, you need to make sure you set up grouping rules. This means first having a group header under which my details will be listed:
Now that you have your group band, you can assign the rules to it that it will group by. In this example, you would just be looking to sort by the manufacturer (by name). Naturally, you would place the manufacturer field inside that group header, but you also want to specify that the group band is actually sorting and grouping using this same field:
Once all of this is set up, your detail lines will now be sorted according to this rule.
Summaries and Counts
1.Create a report footer (right click->insert band)
2.Bring in your desired field to be summed (t1.customer)
3.Edit field properties, edit Summary string
4.Summary function, Count (since we’re not using sums of qty’s, we want to see # of stops for this example)
5.Set to run this count by your desired range (in this case what is contained within the whole report)
February 2012, new DX Warehouse objects were added to Transfer Field Lists. They include ToWhseLocation and FromWhseLocationRecords screen. In order to see these reports, SQL 2005 must be installed.
The reports may also be printed using the Print Report screen.Records. These reports can additionally be viewed and printed on the File>Print Report screen.
Crystal Viewer is required in order to view and create crystal reports within the system.
In January 2010, changes were made removing Crystal report functionality from the core schema, and placed it into the Crystal 32 Plugin.
Below is a list of common Crystal Reports issues and their solutions.
SQL Expressions in Crystal Reports
If a Crystal Report containing SQL expressions errors out, it can be corrected by placing parentheses around the SELECT statement. This fixes the error because with the parentheses, Crystal can make the statement into a separate query. For an additional explanation, see ittechguys.blogspot.com.
Downloading Crystal Reports
If, when downloading a crystal report with a header and footer, the download drops the header and footer, then in Crystal go to File>Export>Report Export Options. Select the default and click Okay. In the Options box, select the option that allows the exporting of the page headers and footers.
Replacing A Crystal Report
For more information, see Replacing a Crystal Report.
During the installation of Crystal 2008 Viewer, the following error message occasionally appears.
Continue through it, and complete the installation. The Crystal Reports appear fine inside eoStar.
Report Loading/Viewing Issues
Crystal Reports may have issues loading if the Crystal 32 Plugin is not installed. This issue would only appear in versions 10.1.14.0 or later.