Cross Dock Plugin
The Cross-Dock Plugin is used to allow a specific warehouse (destination) to source a group of products from a different warehouse (source).
- Cross-dock transfers are created using the Generate Cross-Dock Transfers screen after the Commit Orders step.
- A product is available to be added to a cross-dock transfer if the delivery truck's warehouse (destination) has set up the product for cross-docking from a different warehouse (source).
- NOTE: The customer’s assigned warehouse has no impact on cross dock.
- The cross-dock transfer is received into the destination warehouse, allowing the transfer to the truck to remain unchanged.
- When placing an order, the available inventory number will reflect the source warehouse for cross-docked product.
- Functional Area: Operations
- Roles Impacted: Warehouse Staff
- Platform: eoStar Backend, eoWarehouse
- Plugins: Cross Dock Plugin
Records > Employee > Records > Plugins Panel:
- Can generate cross dock transfers
- May access cross dock exceptions
- May move cross dock transfers that have begun check-in
The Inventory Sharing Panel in the File > Database Administration > Configure screen must be set up.
Warehouse Inventory Sharing
Basic Cross Dock Setup: Records > Warehouse > Records > Inventory Sharing Panel.
- Basic Cross Dock assumes all pack sizes of cross-docked products will be cross-docked.
Advanced Cross Dock Setup: Inventory > Cross Dock Exceptions.
- Advanced Cross Dock allows specific pack sizes to be cross-docked.
Route-Specific Cross Dock Setup: Records > Employee > Records > Inventory Sharing Panel.
- Route-Specific Cross Dock allows certain routes to be cross-docked, while others continue to be sourced from their assigned warehouse.