AB Mobility Plugin
This plugin facilitates bi-directional data transfer between eoStar and AB’s Mobility Cloud solution. The plugin provides the ability to send and receive files manually via the AB menu and automatically by the eoStar Scheduler.
The plugin also provides the capability to send and receive files automatically via Scheduled tasks > Additional tasks.
AB Distributors utilize the AB Mobility handheld/tablet application instead of eoStar's Mobility solution. AB mandates that presellers utilize their Mobility tool, but it is not required for drivers.
To learn more, visit the AB Mobility Video Tutorials page on the wiki.
- Functional Area: Sales Support
- Roles Impacted: Sales Reps
- 1 AB Mobility Setup
- 2 AB Menu
- 3 Setting Up Scheduled Tasks for AB Mobility
- 4 Manual Import of Mobility Orders
AB Mobility Setup
Configuring the AB Mobility Plugin
- Go to AB > Mobility.
- Click New
- Specify the record number by either selecting a provided number or entering your own.
- Enter the record Name.
- Open the AB panel.
- Enter the URL provided by AB to connect to Mobility Cloud.
- Enter the Login name. To protect our customers, if the login name is not rutherford we will not delete files (orders) off of the SFTP site.
- Enter the Password.
- Click Test FTP Settings to verify the URL, Login, and Password entered above can connect to the FTP site.
- Enter the folder location for eoStar to place download files prior to transmitting them to the FTP server.
- Enter the Wholesaler ID / Location Code provided by AB.
- If this field is null or blank, any Warehouses this Mobility record is assigned to and their inventory will be excluded from Mobility.
- Select a Non Service Reason to be the default value for fields that are not required within AB Mobility, but are required within eoStar.
- Include SaleTran relation in Mobility Downloads - Checking this box will send SaleTran relations with Mobility Downloads.
- Include AcctRecv and Credit relations in Mobility Downloads - Checking this box will send AcctRecv and Credit relations with Mobility Downloads.
- Export tax classes as prodtypes - Checking this box will send product Tax Class information to Mobility as the ProdType relation.
- Use AlternatePTC relation in Mobility Downloads - Checking this box will generate and send the AlternatePTC relation to Mobility based on the three selections below. (This feature is specific to Ohio distributors).
- Cuyahoga Customer - Select the Customer to base the Cuyahoga County "Price to Consumer" on.
- Non-Cuyahoga Customer - Select the Customer to base the Non-Cuyahoga County "Price to Consumer" on.
- Military Customer - Select the Customer to base the Military "Price to Consumer" on.
- Click Post.
Product Record Setup
- Go to Records > Product > Records.
- Select a Product.
- Open the AB Settings panel.
- Enter the Mobility Description.
- This is the product name that will be sent to AB Mobility.
- Leave this field blank to send the eoStar product name or enter an alternate name to be sent.
- Enter the Layer Threshold.
- This is the minimum quantity for layer rounding to be applied to this product.
- Enter the Pallet Threshold.
- This is the minimum quantity for pallet rounding to be applied to this product.
- Apply Rounding - Check this box to apply rounding to this product.
- Must Layer - Check this box to require this product to be picked in layers.
- Click Post.
Brand Record Setup
- Go to Record > Product > Brands.
- Select a Brand.
- Open the AB Mobility panel.
- Enter the Package close to code days.
- This is defined by AB as the total age, in days from production, before packaged items for this brand are considered close to over age (close-to-code).
- Enter the Package out of code days.
- This is defined by AB as the total age, in days from production, before packaged items for this brand are considered over age (out-of-code).
- Enter the Draft close to code days.
- This is defined by AB as the total age, in days from production, before draft items for this brand are considered close to over age (close-to-code).
- Enter the Draft out of code days.
- This is defined by AB as the total age, in days from production, before draft items for this brand are considered over age (out-of-code).
- Click Post.
Package Record Setup
See the Package Records page for more information on this setup.
Warehouse Record Setup
- Go to Records > Warehouse > Records.
- Select a Warehouse.
- Open the AB panel.
- Select the AB Wholesaler.
- Select the Mobility Record.
- NOTE: If the Mobility record assigned here has a null or blank Wholesaler ID / Location Code, the Warehouse and its inventory will be excluded from Mobility.
- Click Post.
The items under the AB menu allow for the manual import and export of Mobility files. This screen is used for testing and validation, and then it is typically no longer used, as automation is preferred via Scheduled Tasks - Mobility Download to Server and Scheduled Tasks - Mobility Upload from Server.
Send to Mobility
Send to Mobility uploads a database from eoStar to AB Mobility. This interface assembles an XML file by pulling in values from various plus option records and from the AB Mobility pricing tables populated by the AB Mobility pricing tool.
- Re-seed Mobility Database - When checked, eoStar will not attempt to reduce the XML file size by running Delta logic. Delta logic compares the current relation to the prior transmission. If they match, the relation is excluded; if they do not match, the relation is included in the XML file.
- Generate Live Production Data - This checkbox must be checked to transmit data to the production system.
- Scan - Click this button to build an XML database to send to AB Mobility. Once built, any errors will populate in the grid below.
- Download to Mobility - Click this button to build and transmit the XML dtabase to the AB Mobility SFTP server. Once complete, a popup stating success or failure will appear.
Receive from Mobility
Receive from Mobility downloads and parses files from AB Mobility to eoStar.
- Receive from Mobility - click this hyperlink to download new data from AB Mobility.
- From / Thru - Select From and Thru dates, click Load Files, and select one of the following options to view AB Mobility files.
- Not Processed - These are orders that have not yet been posted in eoStar.
- Posted - These are orders that have already been posted to eoStar.
- Discarded - These are files that were rejected and not posted to eoStar.
- Posted with Corrections - These are orders that were posted with corrections to eoStar.
Tabs Under Receive from Mobility
- File - this tab shows the raw data of the original file.
- Orders - this tab shows the orders in the file. They can be viewed in more detail by clicking on the + in the far left column.
- Non-service visits - this tab shows any non-service visits in the file.
- Errors - this tab only shows when there are errors when attempting to process a file or post data.
Buttons Under Receive from Mobility
- Save Corrections - This button will save any changes that you made to orders in the Orders tab.
- Discard Corrections - This button will discard any changes that you made to orders in the Orders tab.
- Discard File - This button will discard a file.
- Post Data - This button will post data to eoStar.
Mobility Pricing populates the AB Mobility Pricing tables in preparation for download to the server.
- Use Mobility Staging Test Tables Instead of Production Tables – Checking this box will populate the test tables rather than the production tables.
- Generate Mobility Data – Click this button to purge the Mobility pricing tables and generate new data.
- A status message is shown above the button once the process begins. With the staging table’s checkbox unchecked, data is populated into the production tables. Each tab's name defines its corresponding table, for example, the data found in the Prices tab is found within dbo.MobilityPrices.
- Filter Items – The filter simply filters the current grid; the context is dynamic based on the relation, and it will be either a product filter or a customer filter. The filter does not function under all tabs, as not all tabs have a product or customer association.
Setting Up Scheduled Tasks for AB Mobility
Rather than performing AB Mobility tasks manually, they should typically be performed as scheduled tasks. Scheduled tasks automate the process of uploading and downloading AB Mobility data. Each of the scheduled events allow you to define the parameters of the events, the time of day and frequency with which they occur.
Go to Records > Scheduled Tasks > Additional Tasks and click on either Mobility Upload from Server or Mobility Download to Server to set up these scheduled tasks. Mobility Pricing scheduled tasks are found under Mobility Download to Server.
Manual Import of Mobility Orders
If scheduled mobility uploads stop functioning, you should first contact your supervisor, your network administrator, and eoStar support. The following procedure can be used to manually import mobility orders until scheduled mobility uploads start functioning properly.
- Go to AB > Receive from Mobility.
- Click Receive from Mobility, which will take the mobility files from the FTP upload folder and put them in this location: C:\ProgramData\Rutherford & Associates\eoStar\[Database Name] on [Server Name]\MobilityUpload.
- Select the Wholesaler ID.
- Click Get and Post Files from Server.